“The First Constitutional Law of Carpatho-Ukraine” of 15 March 1939 defined the new status of the country as follows:
1. Carpatho-Ukraine is an independent state.
2. The name of the state is: Carpatho-Ukraine.
3. Carpatho-Ukraine is a republic, headed by a president elected by the Diet of Carpatho-Ukraine.
4. The state language of Carpatho-Ukraine is the Ukrainian language.
The state language of Carpatho-Ukraine is the Ukrainian language.
5. The colors of the national flag of the Carpatho-Ukraine are blue and yellow, blue on top and yellow on the bottom.
6. The state emblem of Carpatho-Ukraine is the present national emblem: a bear on a red field on the sinister side, four blue and three yellow stripes on the dexter side, as well as the trident of Saint Volodymyr the Great.
7. The national anthem of Carpatho-Ukraine is Sche ne vmerla Ukraina [Ukraine has not yet perished].
8. This act comes valid immediately after its promulgation.